Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Fuarie

Gypsy Vampire

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:12 am

Share | 

Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jade

PostSubject: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Alright...I've been fuming on this almost three weeks ago. Told my on/off boyfriend and his roommate about the texts back and forth from my ex-husband, and they just laughed saying that he's scared. When I talked to 2 people I'm close to at the church I go to, they both say I should go to the prosecutor’s office and all...Anyways here's what happened and the texts back and forth between him and me.

He and I have been divorced since 2004. He’s not really been anything but a paycheck most of this time frame up until about a year ago when he finally moved back here. He was active duty army. His 2nd wife was active duty too. The girlfriend also was.

He’s still married to the 2nd wife, but lives near me with his girlfriend. Neither the wife nor he can afford to file for divorce. Off and on since July he’s been having the kids every other week-end, Friday thru Sunday.

When he first started taking them every other week-end he worked the 3rd shift so he was able to get the kids Friday at 5:30pm and I’d pick them up around 7pm Sunday. Now he works 2nd shift and doesn’t get off work until 11pm. He comes over to my friend’s house around 11:30pm to pick them up and I still pick them up around 7pm on Sunday.

I don’t feel as though the kids should have to be up that late to go to his apartment. The girlfriend doesn’t feel as though she can handle taking care of them on Friday until he gets home because about a month ago, some Mexican guy broke into their apartment. He picks them up when he does on Friday night so I can still at least have part of my Friday night.

I saved all the texts that he and I sent back and forth the day he and I got into an argument…So here goes:

Me--August 24, 2010, 10:40am--What schedule are you on this week that way I know when on Friday or Saturday you’ll have the kids.

Chris—August 24, 2010, 10:41am—I’m on second shift.

Me--August 24, 2010, 10:42am--You were on 1st last week….

Chris—August 24, 2010, 10:44am—I was training for a new job that I’m now doing on second.

Me—August 24, 2010, 10:46am—Fine. Ok. I take it there no way for you to be on the first shift all the time?

Chris—August 24, 2010, 10:46am—I tried. I don’t have enough seniority.

Me—August 24, 2010, 10:47am—Fine.

Me—August 24, 2010, 10:51am—Is she gonna be at your place Friday while you at work so I’d be able to drop them off?

Chris—August 24, 2010, 11:02am—She said she doesn’t feel comfortable watching them while I’m at work.

Me—August 24, 2010, 11:07am--So I’m stuck from now on only having 1 night off instead of 2 like it had been….

Chris—August 24, 2010, 11:11am—I have to work to provide you with support and barely make my bills, and I have to do what they tell me. I can pick them up when I get off work. That’s the best I can do.

Me—August 24, 2010, 11:23am—Fine Chris. The kids shouldn’t have to be up past Midnight waiting on you to get them. I’m still taking Justen to work because his truck in the shop.

Chris—August 24, 2010, 11:28am—Ok. Fine, then I’ll pick them up on Saturday morning. I was trying to give you some of Friday night. I’m doing the best I can, Jeannette. I’ve told you what I can do. Now decide how you want to deal with how things are. Just quit giving me crap every d@mn week.

Me—August 24, 2010, 11:39am—I guess we need to go back to court then and get lawyers involved to update the divorce decree, your military rank, the CPS crap, and your current work status.

Chris—August 24, 2010, 11:44am—For what? I’m already doing the best I can. And if you try to drag me through the mud, then the court more than likely keep me from seeing the kids at all. I’ve been doing the best I can. I guess you really don’t care about anyone but yourself.

Me—August 24, 2010, 11:51am—You know, this is the 2nd time you’ve said I’m just thinking about myself when in fact I’m not. I’m thinking of what is best for our kids. They need both of us in their life, and I’m sorry that you feel I’m not doing my best as their mom, living with my parents & trying to find a job, providing the kids with a stable living environment. You’re bringing this upon yourself having me have to resort to that as an option.

Chris—August 24, 2010, 12:05pm—All of this because I can’t pick them up until 11:00? You’ve had ample amount of time to get a job. You have a degree, certifications, and more qualifications than most, and after six years of us being apart. You’ve been more than happy to let your parents, Justen, and myself support you, so you don’t have to work. I’m also going to inform you that if you bring up my other case with Alex, Social Services will be involved and keep me from them. They will also look into your life as well. If you think they should have us both in their lives, then why have you been purposefully keeping them from me for years? I don’t like you, trust you, or respect you as a person because all you do is use our children to control the people around you. You’re the most self-centered, selfish, egotistical person I know. What’s best for the kids is not keeping them locked in a room at Justen’s, or pawning them off on your parents so you can go party. I’m done with your games. If this is how you want to play, then we need to not speak except for picking up the kids.

I REALLY wanted to continue and say a few things to him after the last text, but thanks to Justen calming me down I didn’t. I would have needed up saying some things that would have ended up biting me in the butt later on….

Eclipse: Bree Tanner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarenaTheFreak
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:37 pm

take him to court hun...he's an a$$ and even though the kids need him you are the one who tries her best for them. I know first hand that a certificate and degree doesn't always help you get a job and i know that with 2 special needs kids you need a job with very flexible hours. If I could I'd tell that to your lawyer.

I'm serious...if I had a way to get there I'd so tell both the lawyers that. I have an accounting degree and all the time in the world and I cant get a job. So with you having special needs kids you'd need something where you can leave if you have to and not be in trouble for it.

Family:
Cale ~ My Husband, My Mate, My Warrior, My Guardian
Jade and Liz ~ My sisters from years ago...
SeSe ~ My First Twinny
Hex ~ My RP Soul Mate
Angel ~ long lost cousin
Tay ~ My insane Secret Lover
Moon ~ My Online Spiritual Daughter
Chrissy and Jared ~ My insane sis, and my older brother
James Moroso ~ Fellow Canadian!
Lexa ~ my Stalker!
If I forgot you tell me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://houseofnight.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Fuarie

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:18 am

Keep in mind as well if she does take him to court that HE is the one with the job and a means for the kids. Sounds to me like you both need to stop the name calling and the blaming and work things out calmly about the picking up of the kids. COURT should never be used to threaten a parent with their children. It effects both parent and children. I know I was there as a child. Yes it is hard to get a job that is flexible for you but it is also hard for him as well. So give up your friday night and let him have them two days a week. He losses a night.

Proud supporter of Team Brotherhood!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thumper

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:38 am

I agree with Fuarie here. Court shouldn't be use. you both are trying your best and thats all the counts he can't pick them on until late firday, so like Fuarie says give up your friday and he will lose that time with his childeren. Having your parents go back and forth in court over who gets the kids when puts both stress on the parents and childeren. I know you are trying your best honey and it hard to get a job right now with everything that is going on and the employer needs a better understand of your situation and that is hard to come up. Just keep your head up and let him lose a day. It will all work out the end.

[quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jade

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:27 am

There's more to the situation that I haven't added. The origional vent was about the texts, and I respect the opinions of those that have already posted. And now....The Rest of the Story.......

When the dicorce was finalized he was wearing his E-4 rank even tho he had just recently been promoted to E-5. The divorce decree says he is to be paying almost $700 and I'm only receiving $480/month. He's supposed to be providing the children's health insurance, and he isn't which is why the children and I are on the State Medicaid program. With his second marriage the 2 children involved---including my kids step-brother---were in the care of Child Protective Services for almost 3 years. I'm not sure the reaosn why...he never fully told me. While he was still in the military when he'd come back home to visit, I would let him visit with the kids when he was in town. He was just a Paycheck only for many years and rarely had contact with them except maybe on their birthday and Christmas. Since he's been back home...He's been home since my daughter's birthday of last year. From August to the end of March when my kids were on Spring Break, he only attempted to see the kids 3 times. Starting on my son's birthday, he and I arranged every other week-end visitations for him to see the kids. The week of Spring Break he actually visited with the kids supervised at my friend's house for 3-6 hours each time. I was amazed he actually finally decided to man up and start taking care of them other than being a Paycheck to them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thumper

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:30 am

oh I see. I am sorry.

[quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarenaTheFreak
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:55 am

Jade, I have known and heard of his crap for over a year, and he might be the one with the job but you are the one working to take care of them. You are the one who has the time, and puts the effort, into being there for them and helping them out. Your ex doesn't really care about you and he even said he doesn't really. I still think taking him to court is the best way, even if you may only get 480/m cause that's what they decide you should get, its better than nothing...

I don't wanna sound mean but he really is a butt and he just needs to remember what your kids need. And that employers rarely want someone with special needs kids who can't be taken care of by anyone but their mother.

Family:
SeSe ~ My First Twinny
Hex ~ My RP Soul Mate
Angel ~ long lost cousin
Lexa ~ my Stalker!
If I forgot you tell me!
Back to top Go down
jade

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 am

he's never paid thru the court system. i was getting paid the child support thru a military allotment i stopped getting in July, he's now paying me $137/week thru the place he's been working at and not adding in the military retire pay he's getting which somehow was taken and given to the 1 child in Washington state with the second wife and the child that is still going thru CPS crap...and that 2nd divorce still isn't final and the ex of mine is with a girlfriend. my son gets social security..my daughter could too but if i get her on it we make too much and i lose my insurance. me being diabetic i need the insurance more than the extra money because I'd be spending the extra money to pay out of pocket for my medications.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KarenaTheFreak
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 am

and then you'd have even less money for your kids...

Family:
SeSe ~ My First Twinny
Hex ~ My RP Soul Mate
Angel ~ long lost cousin
Lexa ~ my Stalker!
If I forgot you tell me!
Back to top Go down
jade

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:27 am

Yeppers. that's why i've never tried to get it for her or for me...because of something I was diagnosed with 3 1/2 years ago, I can also be on SSI, but I don't want to be on that unless it's a last resort thing...same with my daughter. I'd love the extra money, don't get me wrong, but health insurance is way more important for the kids and me since he's not providing the health insurance for them like he's supposed to be doing via the dvorce decree.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thumper

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:40 am

I am sorry but after hearing all of this I say take him to court make him pay and everything!

[quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....    

Back to top Go down

Slight Vent...but Need your Opinion.....
Page 1 of 1